Dudhi Block Mortar is polymer modified adhesive suitable for block work in interior and exterior situations. It is designed for thin bed fixing of blocks of various kinds including light weight blocks. It contains selected graded dry sand, grey cement and imported polymers to improve workability, water retention, durability and adhesion.
- The surface of masonry units should be slightly wet prior to application of Dudhi Block Adhesive.
- The masonry units should be clean, with no loose particles or dust for better bonding.
- It is very important that Dudhi Block Adhesive is mixed with water thoroughly before use. It is advisable to use a mechanical stirrer for uniform mixing to save time, labour and for maximum workability effectiveness.
- Use a clean vessel/bucket which does not have any hole or cut and add some water in the empty vessel to ensure no powder gets stuck at the bottom of the vessel and put required quantity of Dudhi Block Mortar.
- Mixing Ratio – depending on the thickness of the product to be applied, add approximately 25-30% of the clean potable water. Water is added in stages to get a smooth, uniform, workable mix. Allow ample time for initial mixing.
- Ensure that no powder is left unmixed at the bottom of the vessel.
- The jointing mortar is now ready for application.
- Layout the wall where Dudhi Block Mortar is to be used and mark openings like door, windows or any architectural appurtenances.
- Apply a thin uniform layer of Dudhi Block Mortar, 3-4 mm thick, on the clean & leveled surface of masonry units using proper trowel.
- Place the next course of masonry units on the evenly laid jointing mortar bed in proper line & level. Each masonry unit should be properly bedded and set in position by gently pressing with the handle of a trowel.
- After placing the first unit, apply Dudhi Block Mortar of same thickness on both the sides of the unit, keeping continuous check for the line & level.
- Inside face of the masonry unit should be buttered with mortar before the next unit is laid and pressed against it especially in case of bricks.
- Clean the excess material immediately, if any. Continue the procedure for the entire masonry work.
Precautions During Usage
- Though Dudhi Block Mortar contains no toxic material, still care should be taken to avoid dust inhalation while mixing and handling. In case of contact with eyes or face, wash with plenty of clean water.
- Keep it in a dry place and out of reach of children.
- Persons who are allergic to cement should take proper precautions before use.